Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Reflected In You by Sylvia Day

Reflected In YouReflected In You 
Book 2 in the Crossfire series
Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher:  Penguin Group
Release date:  10/2/12
Author's website:   Link
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
In book 2 of the Crossfire series,  Gideon and Eva continue to work on their complex relationship as they try to overcome past issues.   Their relationship is still intense because of their extreme sexual attraction to one another which leads to some very hot scenes, but other parts of their relationship need a lot of work.  They continue to see a therapist to work on their relationship issues which I felt was greatly needed as they both have not overcome some of the traumatizing memories from their youth.  

I still had a hard time connecting with the characters in this book, especially Eva's.  While I can understand that she was concerned at times, I just felt that she had no confidence about her relationship with Gideon.  But, there are times when Gideon makes her question their relationship.  His need to control her at times makes her want to naturally rebel against him.  This in turn makes him angry and the cycle continues throughout the book.  I found them to be exhausting and by the end of the book questioned as to whether these 2 needed to be together.  I did feel that Gideon has some character growth in this book as he finally told Eva about what happened to him in the past.  I think these two will have a lot to deal with in book 3 of the series and hope their relationship shows some growth as well.

I'm giving Reflected In You a rating of:
Photobucket

I found Reflected In You to be extremely well written and before I knew it I was done with the book.  Sylvia Day's writing is extremely entertaining and makes the reader feel as if they have a front row seat at the Gideon and Eva show.  You just don't know what's going to happen next with this series and you want to tune in to find out. I don't think that Eva and Gideon have the healthiest relationship and this may sound crazy, but that is what draws me to their story.  The secrets that they keep from one another and intense situations lead to confrontations with one another.  This makes their relationship seem as if it is back at square one at times which makes me curious to see what will happen for them next. 

Other books in the series:
Bared To You (review)

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit..I'm afraid to try this author now b/c everyone loves her.

    ReplyDelete