Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: Bared To You by Sylvia Day

168214699Bared To You
Book 1 in the Crossfire series
Author: Sylvia Day
Release date: 4/3/12
Author's website: Link
Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness--beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most...
From the moment Eva Trammel laid eyes on Gideon Cross she knew that their lives were going to be intertwined in some way, shape, or form.  There was an instant attraction between them that the both of them could deny or hide from.  Gideon is a man of power and it shows in the way he dresses and carries himself.  Eva tries her best to put distance between them, but can't deny the way she feels about him whenever he is around.  Their relationship becomes a passion filled one as they both learn more about each other.

While I didn't connect to Eva's character while reading the book, I could appreciate her need for independence.  She has pride in her work and wants to live the life that she wants to live without added pressures from her family or those around her.  She has a traumatizing past that still haunts her and she's doing her best to try to live in it's shadow.  There are some reminders of it, but for the most part she's moved on and is embracing the future as best as she can.  Gideon has his own secrets about his past that is revealed throughout the book and together these two want what most people have, a normal relationship with another person.  It's what they both wish and question if it could be possible between the two of them.

I'm giving Bared To You a rating of:
 Photobucket

For the most part I enjoyed Bared To You, but as I was reading it I felt as if something was missing for the story that left me with somewhat of a detached feeling.  I can't quite put my finger on what it was, but it left me with a small unsatisfied feeling when I got to the end of the book.  But Eva and Gideon's relationship was an interesting one and I want to see what happens to them next.There's a small part of me that wonders if I want to invest the time in reading the next book when it's released.  Eva and Gideon have just begun their relationship and it's obvious that they have much more that they need to discover about one another.  Their journey is just beginning and I'm curious to see how it will play out so more than likely I will continue to read their storyline.  Sylvia Day does a great job with writing these complex characters as they are multifaceted and have so many dimensions to them.  These characters are going to suffer some more because of their pasts and I'm hoping their resolve to want to have a normal relationship will give them the strength that they will need to achieve this.

1 comment:

  1. I won this book from a giveaway from Maya Banks & it was my first book by this author. Boy was I disappointed. I know some people on GR have compared it to 50 Shades and I really liked 50 Shades so this to me was disappointing. Not sure if I will continue with the series...

    ReplyDelete