Sunday, October 16, 2011

Review: The Real Werewives of Vampire County Anthology

PhotobucketThe Real Werewives of Vampire County
Authors: Alexandra Ivy, Angie Fox, Tami Dane, Jess Haines
Publisher: Kensington
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Mystery
ISBN: 139780758261588
Release date:  October 25, 2011

Drama. Scandal. Secrets. And a whole lot of supernatural goings-on.

I was intrigued by this book after hearing about it from Jess Haines at AAD Philly this year.   It's a take of the reality shows on tv about weathy wives and has a paranormal spin on it.

Where Darkness Lives by Alexandra Ivy
No one's more surprised than Sophia when she's struck by an unfamiliar maternal urge to move near her daughters. But instead of being greeted by a welcome committee, she's targeted by kidnappers. . .and saddled with a gorgeous bodyguard on a mission to protect—and seduce. . .
I enjoyed this story because it's main character Sophia was a strong character.  She's a successful business woman and after raising her daughters is now living alone and doing what she enjoys.  She hires a bodyguard because she doesn't feel safe and from the minute they meet there is an instant attraction between them both.  Luc is her bodyguard and truly wants to protect Sophia.  He has a secret that he can't reveal to Sophia yet and makes it his mission to protect her at all costs.  They are good for one another and when both of their lives are threatened, their true feelings for one another is revealed.  I thought it was well written and I'm now a fan of the author.  I plan on checking out some of the other books that she has written. 


Murder on Mysteria Lane by Angie Fox
When a werewolf trophy wife is found dead in Vampire County, Heather McPhee goes undercover to investigate. Heather's never been a mascara-and-manicures sort of girl, but she's willing to learn. Especially with sexy vampire detective Lucien Mead posing as her husband. . .
This story was my favorite of the book. I liked Heather's character and felt that she was partnered well with Lucien that is a vampire.  I loved that Heather had to undergo a makeover of sorts in order to fit in with the other trophy wives and thought it was funny to read the reactions of the others to how she looked. I thought the scenes between Heather and Lucien were hot and hope that there will be a future book with these characters in it.


Werewolves in Chic Clothing by Tami Dane
Ever since Christine Price moved in with her fiancé, Jonathan, and his twelve year-old son, she's worked hard to fit in with a cadre of local women whose lives seem picture-perfect. Except no one in Jon's upscale neighborhood is quite who they appear to be. Least of all Jon. . .
I have to say that this was my least favorite of the stories in the book. Christine realizes that there is something going on in the perfect neighborhood that she has moved in to. She has to deal with her fiance's questionable past as well as the new role of becoming a soon to be stepmom to his 12 year old son.  I felt that the storyline was not as exciting as the others and I also had a hard time connecting with the characters. 


What's Yours is Mine by Jess Haines
Still Waters is like many other exclusive gated communities—except that it's home to one of the largest werewolf packs in the state. But Tiffany Winters isn't frightened of her big, bad new neighbors. In fact, she intends to take her place among the pack. . .
This was the only story in the book that didn't have romance in it and I was ok with.  Tiffany Winters had a secret and it was slowly unveiled in the book.  The reader can tell she's up to something but you couldn't really tell what it was.  I enjoyed this story because the other wives were such a bitch to the newcomer, but she held her own.  I found the characters in this story to be interesting and I enjoyed finding out more about each one of them. 
 
 I'm giving The Real Werewives of Vampire County a rating of:
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! So glad you Heather and Lucien. Those two were a blast to write. I'm seriously considering giving them their own book.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo! Hey, at least it's in the comments and not in the book. Should have said: I'm glad you enjoyed Heather and Lucien.

    Now don't tell Heather I screwed up or she'll kick my butt.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete