Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tell It To Bells: Resolutions!

The New Year is approaching and I thought it would be fun to talk about Resolutions. That pesky list that people like to make and try to follow, but usually don't follow. I should know, I've done that many times. Over the last few years, I decided not to do a Resolution list. But this year I feel the need to do one, because this is my year! The year that I come outta my mom cocoon and try to get back to being myself.



Now at this point your probably thinking, "What in the heck is she talking about?!" Well let me give you a little info. I am the mother to 4 children ranging from 2 yrs old - 16 yrs old. It's exhausting work being a mom as most of you know. I put so much of myself into raising my children, that I feel as if I have no identity! I'm just Mom or Mommy! So this is the year that I get back a piece of myself and hopefully my resolutions will help me do that. Here's my list of 2011 New Year's Resolutions!


Bells' Resolutions for 2011
  1. More "Me" Time. If that means I have to pass off the kids on my hubs or my mom, then so be it! I need more time to do the things that I want to do. Taking an evening stroll around the neighborhood, by myself. Going to the Museum, by myself. Just spending some quality time, by myself. I think you get the gist.
  2. Taking better care of me. I'm not getting any younger and it's time that I start paying more attention to my health. I need to start working out and sticking to it. I also need to start eating better and taking a vitamin everyday. I've changed some of my bad eating habits over the last 3 months, but I need to change more. I also want to start getting my hair done at the salon. It's a mess and it's so bad now that only a professional can tame it. I need to get my hair looking right again. It used to look so beautiful. *sigh*
  3. Getting organized. I used to do such a great job at this, but have let it slip over the past few years. The bills are in disarray and I need to figure out some kind of system to make this dreaded part of my life a little easier. I also need to get my books in better order. I'm quickly running out of shelf space and must now beg hubs to build me another bookshelf.
  4. Expand my mind. I'm thinking of finally going back to College and getting my degree. It's something that I've always wanted to do, but I just kept getting pregnant! Now that my daughter is getting older, I think it's time to brush away the cobwebs in my mind and use it for something. I'll probably be the oldest person in class, but so what. I'll be proud of myself and that's all that matters!


So...Tell It To Bells:
What are some of your New Year's Resolutions for 2011? Do you like resolutions, or do you think they are a waste of time?


I leave you with one of my favorite New Year's memories.
One of my favorite scenes from The Little Rascal's! The Gang's all there!
Happy New Year and here's to an excellent 2011!




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great list Bells! I make resolutions every year. Some I stick to, some I don't. Like you, I need to carve out more ME time. I think that is why I've been so frantic and stressed this year. Even if it means going to Borders or the library to read a book, I'm going to do it. Maybe in 2011 I won't feel like running away from home so much.

    I also need to really focus on getting back in shape. My recent gyno appt really depressed me. And I'm not getting any younger and my metabolism isn't getting any faster.

    Those are the two major things I'm going to focus on in 2011. It's all about ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I am going to focus more on keepting my self healthy. Exercise more, quit smoking, drink my 8 glasses of water a day.
    I'm also going to stay in touch with family and friends, and learn how to say no. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some good ones! Good luck!! I guess this means no more chicken patties for you?!

    I don't make resolutions. But I do want to lose the 15 lbs I gained in 2010 before AAD-Philly!

    Happy New Year!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest goal for the new year is to get out of debt. I have 3 credit cards to pay off and I'm hoping to have that done by yearend. I also plan on getting back on track with my running and healthy eating. I've really slacked off in the last 2 months and need to get back on track.

    Your goals are awesome, Bells! Good luck with school! I know you can do it and I promise you aren't going to be the oldest person in class. :)

    ReplyDelete