Monday, March 22, 2010

New Releases March 23, 2010

You may have noticed that my blog looks different. I am in the middle of changing a few things so please bear with me. Thanks. :)



I'm so happy there is at least 1 book and music thst I like being released this week that I am interested in!

Books


Mind Games is by Carolyn Crane. Here is a description of the book:

JUSTINE KNOWS SHE’S GOING TO DIE. ANY SECOND NOW.

Justine Jones has a secret. A hardcore hypochondriac, she’s convinced a blood vessel is about to burst in her brain. Then, out of the blue, a startlingly handsome man named Packard peers into Justine’s soul and invites her to join his private crime-fighting team. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime deal. With a little of Packard’s hands-on training, Justine can weaponize her neurosis, turning it outward on Midcity’s worst criminals, and finally get the freedom from fear she’s always craved. End of problem.

Or is it? In Midcity, a dashing police chief is fighting a unique breed of outlaw with more than human powers. And while Justine’s first missions, including one against a nymphomaniac husband-killer, are thrilling successes, there is more to Packard than meets the eye. Soon, while battling her attraction to two very different men, Justine is plunging deeper into a world of wizardry, eroticism, and cosmic secrets. With Packard’s help, Justine has freed herself from her madness—only to discover a reality more frightening than anyone’s worst fears.

I've seen a couple of reviews about this book and it sounds really interesting. I'll be picking this book up for sure.



Music


I am so happy that there is finally some new music to include in a post!


Monica is back and this is her 5th CD release. I love her voice and can't wait to hear the tracks on this one.










Snoop D O Double G!! *throws up the Long Beach sign* Okay let me stop, I'm not gangsta enough. The Dogfather is back with another CD release. After all these years Snoop still has the sickest flow out there. He could really teach these little knucklehead rappers a thing or two about how to stay successful in the music business.





Now I have no idea who this chick is but we share the same first name so I thought I would include her CD. LOL!











Movies


Sandra Bullock stars in her Academy Award winning role as a mother who brings a homeless teen into her household and makes him a part of the family. I love Sandra Bullock. She is my favorite actress and it's not because we share the same last name. She always brings so much to her roles and I'm sure I will be crying like a baby while viewing this one.






The lead character in this movie is voiced by George Clooney. That is one of the reasons why I will be viewing it. Of course the film looks adorable but I really just want to hear an animated character with his voice. I just may be addicted to George. *reminder, must watch shirtless scene from Out of Sight again* Hey who am I kidding, I'm addicted to him!






I have been experiencing some serious Mad Men withdrawal. If you have not seen this show you are missing out on a great show! The main character of the show, Don Draper is played by the dapper Jon Hamm. *sigh* You cannot help but love this character one moment and hate him the next. I'll be Netflix'ing these episodes so that I can soak Don Draper in and get ready for Season 4.





So that's it for this week. Tell me what new releases you're interested in.


7 comments:

  1. Mind Games is a must read!

    I really want to see The Blind Side..the player in it plays for the Ravens :)

    And I have so much catching up to do with Mad Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to get my copy of Mind Games today!

    And I never say The Blind Side in theatres, so I must rent this one. And Mad Men will be added to my Netflix queue!

    Thanx for the heads-up hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smexi- I read your review and saw all the great things you were writing about this book. I can't wait to read it.

    Stacy - I can't wait to get it too! We will have to let each other know how we like it as we are going through the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dooderz, I need to read Mind Games! It looks so good, I'm glad you pointed it out to me. Just like all the other addictions you throw in my face. No wonder I have BAGS under my eyes.

    I need to go buy the Blind Side. I loved it. Oh and I'm into this purple ice color you have going on on the blog right now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psst Mind Games is in my purse, I keep looking at it waiting for work to end.

    I love Sandy B!!! Screw Jesse James for cheating on her, she is awesome (I'm sure of it even though I've never met her)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julez-I am loving the purple too. I gotta fix it though. I do have to find some more tv shows for you to get addicted to. Mad Men will be one of them.

    Smokin-I totally agree with you. I think Sandra is awesome. And that Jesse James dude can go jump off a bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mind Games is getting so much buzz, I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete