Monday, August 5, 2013

Guest Post: Author Carly Phillips

I'm so excited to welcome one of my favorite authors to the blog today!  The wonderful Carly Phillips!  I had the great pleasure of meeting Carly in 2012 at the Lori Foster Reader & Author Get Together and let me tell you, she was so down to earth and gracious to everyone.

Writers Read

I’m an avid reader and book junkie and have been probably since I learned to read.  As a writer, there is a definite benefit reading – it broadens your mind, opens your imagination, lets your subconscious think about your own writing as you’re reading another author’s brilliance.  Sometimes on the treadmill as I am devouring a book, I’ll come up with exactly why I’m stuck or what is wrong with my current work in progress.  Or like the rest of the non-writing world, I’ll just enjoy a book for what it is!

As a reader, I love the joy of sharing what I read with others who love the same genre.  Even more, I love finding out what others are reading and opening my mind to new authors and types of books.  As an author,  I’m lucky in that thanks to my blog (www.plotmonkeys.com) and my Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/carlyphillipsfanpage) I have access to readers who love romance novels as much as I do!

So every Saturday on Facebook I ask everyone what they are reading and they post back to me … it’s wonderful. So many posts, so many books and authors! And also on Saturdays, at Plotmonkeys, we ask you the same thing and our visitors can chat with each other about books.

Although I have my own books to promote, and I do this when necessary, I use the blog and FB more for fun and to reach out to those who like books! After all, books are the one thing that bring us all together!  So where do you go to find out about books?


Thanks so much for having me! You can join my newsletter via my website at www.carlyphillips.com so you’ll be first to know about upcoming releases.  I also post at Facebook: www.facebook.com/carlyphillipsfanpage and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/carlyphillips .

Perfect Fling 
Book 2 in the Serendipity's Finest series

Erin … The Good Girl
Assistant District Attorney, Erin Marsden, is Serendipity’s quintessential good girl. The only daughter of the ex-police chief, she has never made a misstep, content with her quiet, predictable life … or so she thinks. Until Cole Sanders returns to town with heated interest in his eyes and shadows in his past.

Cole … The Bad Boy
After seven years of deep undercover work in New York City, Cole returns to Serendipity to help his aging father and to find his moral compass once more. Not to get involved with wholesome Erin Marsden. Even as a rebellious teen, he knew a girl like Erin was off limits and that hasn’t changed. But neither one of them can resist their off-the-charts chemistry and a one night stand brings complications neither Erin nor Cole expected.

The Attraction … Off the Charts!
Then Erin’s current case plunges her into a killer’s crosshairs. With more at stake than anyone knows, Erin succumbs to Cole’s take-charge attitude. As a bodyguard, he’s the best. As a lover, he’s even better. But there’s more than the matter of Erin’s safety at stake. And Cole must forgive the sins of his past and prove to himself – and to Erin – that he’s capable of the love and the forever she – and their baby – desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment