I'm excited to welcome Molly Cannon and Erin Kern to the blog today! They love Texas and their books are hot sizzling romance that is as hot as the Texas sun!
Top Five things I love about Texas
- Tex-Mex food. I could eat it every day. Chips, salsa, queso, burritos, enchiladas, rice, refried beans, and guacamole. I'll also throw in a mention for chicken fried steak and chili.
- My sports teams. Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, FC Dallas, Dallas Diamonds. It's a long list, and I love them all.
- Wildflowers. On any drive along the interstates in the springtime we have riot of color as bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush, and other wildflowers bloom along the long stretches of highway. Thank to Ladybird Johnson we are treated to this yearly show.
- We have every kind country side. The Hill country, The Big Thicket, the Gulf coast, and Big Bend National Park. Not to mention all of the wide open spaces in between.
- And last but not least Dr. Pepper. It originated in Waco, Texas.
Title: Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Author: Molly Cannon
Author's website: Link
Here comes trouble...
Etta Green kissed Everson, Texas, goodbye years ago. A big city chef, she intends to return only long enough to settle her beloved grandmother's estate and then hightail it back to Chicago. But Grammy Hazel had other plans. In her will, she left Etta part-ownership of a B&B that's about to go bankrupt before it even opens. And what's worse--Etta's partner is Donny Joe Ledbetter, a handsome devil with some serious bad boy charm. Growing up, Donny Joe didn't give Etta a second glance. Now, she's got his whole attention.
A far cry from the shy bookworm he once knew, sexy, spirited Etta Green is nothing but trouble. Yet Donny Joe decides to play nice. After all, the quicker they open the B&B, the faster this exasperating--and irresistible--woman will be on her way. Donny Joe has never been a one-woman kind of man. But one crazy little moment of unforgettable desire may change his mind--if he can convince Etta to stay for good...
I may have spent the majority of my life in California, but I was born in Texas (7th generation born, to be exact). And I moved back here as fast as we could load a U-Haul and drive it a top speed of 45 mph.
But I spent many summers here as a kid, visiting family, swimming in the gulf and trying to convince people that humidity is not a suffocating as it seems. Okay yeah, sometimes it is.
So what do I love about this state so much? Glad you asked!
5. The Texas sky. I’ve seen a lot of blue skies before; skylines that stretch on forever. But there’s just something different about the sky in Texas. It’s bluer and bigger than any other place I’ve been.
4. The food (specifically the Mexican kind). Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to eat. And I could eat Mexican food seven days a week. Luckily for me, Texas has some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever eaten.
3. The Texas Rangers. No, I’m not talking about the law enforcement officers. Though, those guys are pretty sweet. More than anything (yes, even Mexican food), I love to watch the Rangers play baseball. Even though I still am bitter about their previous appearance in the World Series. You know, the one that was rigged for the other team? But we won’t go there…
2. The people. Texas is one of those places where you could meet a complete stranger on the street, and walk away knowing their entire life story. People here are not shy and they love to tell stories.
1. Texas pride. This sort of ties in with #2. I’ve never been to a place where it’s citizens love their state more than Texans. They fly the Lone Star flag like a badge of honor.
Title: Looking For Trouble
Author: Erin Kern
Author's website: Link
WHEN YOU GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE...
Avery Price is taking her life back. Fleeing her uber-rich, overbearing family, and an arranged wedding to a wealthy, cheating fiancé, she trades couture for country and makes her way to Trouble, Wyoming. Going incognito gives her the chance to try things the old Avery wouldn't dare, like having a sizzling, no-strings affair with her sexy new boss, Noah McDermott-and discovering he's the kind of mistake she can't resist.
Noah didn't become a successful business owner by letting people get the best of him. He knows Avery is running from something, and if getting the beautiful blonde into his bed is the only way to find the truth, well, he has no problem with that. Trouble is, Avery is everything he never expected: sassy, smart, and the kind of understanding woman cowboys like him don't deserve. Can he put his pride aside and convince this city girl to settle down with him once and for all?
Giveaway!Thanks to the generosity of Forever publishing, I am giving away this pair of books to one lucky commenter. Open to US/CAN only. Leave a comment that includes your email please. Giveaway is open until 7/21/13. Good luck!