Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review: The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Tiny The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2
Author:  Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Publisher:  It Books
Release date:  11/13/12
Website:   hitRECord
Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Looper, 500 Days of Summer) made a big splash with The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - so now he’s back with volume 2! One of the most ingenious and successful projects to come out of Gordon-Levitt's online creative coalition hitRECord - an international collaboration of artists and writers - The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2 offers more quirky, delightfully small, ingeniously illustrated haiku-like tales, proving once more that the universe isn’t made of atoms; it’s made of tiny stories. The best things do come in small packages.

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories is back with more stories that are accompanied with vivid illustrations that entertain with each turn of the page.  Although each story is just a few words or a few sentences long,  the reader can't help but be left with a big impression of just how talented the participants are.  Each story and illustration is truly unique and brought a smile to my face as I made my way through the book. 

I'm not the only one in my household that enjoys this series.  I shared the first volume with my son whom enjoyed the illustrations and reading the stories.  I'm very happy to have shared the newest volume with my all of my children that range in age from 3 to 18.  I loved watching them discover creativity in different forms and I'm happy to have had the opportunity to share this with them once again. 

I'm giving Vol. 2 of the Tiny Book of Tiny Stories
a rating of:
Photobucket

It's books like this one that can really spark the imagination in a person when they least expect it.  The witty, clever stories are enjoyable while the illustrations are artistic and special.  I'm looking forward to the next volume of tiny stories and discovering a new group of talent. 


Other reviews:

Book 1 of the Tiny Book of Stories (Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment