Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: The Royal Scam by Gini Koch

Photobucket The Royal Scam
Book 1 in The Martian Alliance Chronicles
Author: Gini Koch
Publisher: Musa Publishing
Format: ebook
Length: Novella
Release date:  October 1, 2011
Author's website:  Gini Koch
Things aren’t what they seem to be when Princess Olivia of Andromeda jumps aboard a spaceship to escape a loveless marriage.

Join the crew of the Hummingbird as they take on the rich, famous and sleazy of the galaxy. They're also on a long-term secret mission, so it's a good thing they're the best con artists, spacers, and roughnecks in the Milky Way, because they need all their skills to pull off this particular Royal Scam.
The crew of the Hummingbird really are the best of the best when it comes to pulling scams and making money.  The Royal Scam focuses on a Princess that boards a spacecraft to get away so that she doesn't have to marry the Prince of another royal family.  There is more than meets the eye and Gini Koch does a great job entertaining the reader with the storyline in the book.  I felt I was a member of the crew as they embark on a mission of doing what they do best, making money.

I also enjoyed learning more about the different members of the crew since there are only a few humans aboard.  There is a Shape Shifter, Humanoids that are Martian, an Anachnidan, yes you read that correctly, and a Polliwog.  They all work well together and I can just tell that their future escapades are going to be a lot of fun to read. 

I'm giving The Royal Scam a rating of:
Photobucket

Although I'm still new to reading Science Fiction, I can say that Gini Koch has a knack for writing them. She always makes them fun and interesting.  The characters are memorable and make you wish you were a part of the gang.  I'm looking forward to see what they are going to pull of next!

2 comments:

  1. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this one...but then I think I could read anything that Gini wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed The Royal Scam, I think Gini Koch is an awesome author and enjoy the element of fun she brings to her writing. I have been wondering about this book as it is a new series and will definitely be checking it out :) Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete