Monday, September 5, 2011

Review: Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Photobucket
Succubus Revealed

Author: Richelle Mead
Book 6 in the Georgina Kincaid series
Publisher: Kensington Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 9780758232014
Release date: September 1, 2011
Author's website:  Richelle Mead
Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas.

The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .
The end has come for Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series. I have been waiting for this book for almost over a year and I can't even begin to tell you the emotions I was going through reading this book. It actually took me a few days due to the simple fact I didn't want it to end but then again I did have some issues with the outcome.

The story starts out with Georgina working in a mall as Santa's elf. This is obviously not her dream job, but since she had to leave her previous job at the bookstore because of the whole lovers triangle with Seth and Maddie she is trying to make the best of it to be with her man. While they are making their relationship work, Georgina has been issued a transfer to the City of Sin, Las Vegas. The time comes where she wants to check it out to see if she could be happy there, but when she arrives things just seem way to perfect. She wants Seth to join her out there but Seth has family obligations that he just cant walk away from. Are these two destined to be together or apart? By the end of the book you will have your answer.

The beginning started out really slow for me but Pam told me to keep going that it would be worth it. So onward I marched and before I new it the book started to pick up speed and got to some very interesting and exciting parts that I wanted to savor. I am a huge Seth fan so I was extremely happy on learning more about him and what was in store.

Now towards the end I was very disappointed in the lack of details she left off with some of the main characters that I have grown to love over the series. For one was Roman. I mean how I had to guess what happened and not have answers was so not cool. Another was Carter and what he was going to do now that things with Georgina were pretty much wrapped up. Overall it was a good read and it will continue to be one of my favorite series. I just hope since she has done a spin off with her other series that this will get one as well because even though the series is over there were a lot of questions left unanswered. I hope everyone can enjoy the journey of Georgina Kincaid as much as I did. Happy Reading!!

Reviewed by Danielle:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've had this series on my TBR for a while. Is this the final book in the series? If so, I'll have to grab them all on audio (when book ban has been lifted, of course) since I don't have time to read print much during school.

    ReplyDelete