Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

Photobucket
Storm's Heart
Book 2 in the Elder Races series

Author:  Thea Harrison
Publisher:  Signet
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 9780425242667
Release date:  8/2/11
Author's website:  Thea Harrison
He’s a wyr warrior, a god of storms. She’s the heir to the Dark Fae throne. But desire will bring both to their knees in this all-new Novel of the Elder Races.

During the rule of her murderous Dark Fae uncle, Thistle “Tricks” Periwinkle found sanctuary among the wyr in New York. Her ethereal beauty and sparkling personality won the hearts of the public, but after her uncle’s death, there are those who don’t want to see her ascend to the throne…

Able to wield thunder and lightning, wyr sentinel Tiago Black Eagle has ruled the skies for centuries. His massive build and thunderous power make him one of the wyr’s best weapons. And he’s sent to protect Tricks when she’s almost assassinated in Chicago.

Soon, both Tiago and Tricks will fall prey to the stormy hunger that engulfs them—a passion that will shake the very foundation of all the worlds…
We get the opportunity to meet the wonderful character Tricks in book 1 of the series Dragon Bound and know that her past is filled with much drama.  She is a royal to the Dark Fae and after her family is slaughtered by her evil uncle, she finds safety with the Wyr race in New York.  After her uncle is killed, she must fulfill her obligations to her people and return home to become Queen of the Dark Fae.  Danger lurks at every turn on her trip to return home and she doesn't know who to trust.  The one person she can trust is Tiago, a Wyr Sentinel that is a Thunderbird.  He has the ability to create thunderstorms when he's angry and when he finds out that Tricks has left without proper security, let's just say that the Chicago area experiences some very bad storms.  After a failed assassination plot in Chicago, Tiago comes to her rescue and tells her that he will stay with her for protection.  The two of them have always butted heads because of the attraction that they have towards one another that they have never acted on.  Things get a little close for comfort as there are times that Tiago doesn't want to let Tricks out of his sight and she does anything that she can to get away from him.  Tiago doesn't know how much he can take but he knows this, he's falling hard for Tricks and will do anything to keep her safe even if that includes keeping his teammates in the dark. 


Lightning wasn't the only thing sizzling in this story!  I could sense the attraction between Tricks and Tiago in book 1 and was just waiting for it to explode.  When Tricks is at her most vulnerable, Tiago is there for her.  I loved how gentle and comforting he was to her even though he is a total badass! My favorite scene that showcases his badassness (ok that may not be a word) is when the paparazzi find out that Tricks is in Chicago and bum rush her (yeah I wrote that) with cameras.  Tiago pulls out his gun and politely tells them to and I quote:
Back the f**k up!
He does not play around when it comes to his woman!  I loved this part about him as we get to see his warrior side and protectiveness.  I also loved when Tricks finally stopped trying to fight the feeling and just gave in to him.  These two were meant to be together.

I'm giving Storm's Heart a rating of:
Photobucket

Storm's Heart is another great addition to the series!  I enjoyed it when all of the characters were back together again and were slapping each other upside the back of the head.  I love these characters and can't wait to read more about them.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Omg I loved that part too Bells!!! Great review =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this yet, but I'm very much in swoon with Tiago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to this party but I want everyone to know that this is one of the best paranormal romance series I have every read! I am recommending it to everyone! I love her world building, her characters, her dialog is so real I'm there. I keep wanting to read scenes out loud to those around me. It's just too much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete