Friday, April 15, 2011

Review: Sweet Possession Maya Banks

PhotobucketSweet Possession
Book 5 of The Sweet Series

Author:  Maya Banks
Publisher:  Berkley Trade
Genre:  Erotic Romance
ISBN:  9780425239070
Release date:  April 5, 2011
More info at: http://www.mayabanks.com/

Received book from publisher to review.
There is nothing Connor Malone wants to do less than babysit the outrageous and out-of-control pop star Lyric Jones. But part of him relishes taming the celebratty songstress and showing her what it's like to be possessed-body and soul-by one man. And though Lyric's crazy antics nearly drive Connor to the edge, his quiet intensity penetrates her defenses, leaving them both vulnerable to the secrets that could topple Lyric from the stage.
Lyric Jones is a spoiled pop star that gets her way with everyone.  She finally meets her match when Connor Malone is hired as her new bodyguard and takes charge of her security staff.  Connor takes his job very seriously and let's Lyric know this from the beginning.  Lyric doesn't like being told what to do, so she and Connor bump heads until she realizes how serious the situation really is.  Someone has been sending her death threats and her record company thought it was for her own good not to tell her.  Connor doesn't agree with this and let's Lyric know what is really going on.  When she finally realizes that her life has been threatened, she listen's to Connor and realizes that the choices he is trying to make for her are a good thing.  Instead of fighting him every step of the way, they begin to get along...and that's when the fun starts.  *wiggles eyebrows*  They've been attracted to each other since they meet and must now spend a great deal of time together. 

Connor tells her that he will be at her side at all times.  Because of that, Lyric gets to know his family and friends and finds herself getting along with the easily.  She doesn't really have a family and friends of her own, so she feels out of place at the beginning.  She soon becomes one of the gang and that leads to some very funny moments when you get a group of women and lots of drinks together.  Connor and Lyric soon realize that they fit together well and soon find themselves falling in love.  All of their friends already knew that of course, but eventually the two figure it out.

The book was entertaining, but, I expected a little more.  I thought the sex scenes were kind of vanilla compared to what I have heard about the ones from her earlier releases in the series.  I won those books from my buddy Tigris Eden, so I plan to go back and read those so I can read more about the secondary characters.  I liked them a lot and thought they added some fun to Sweet Possession.  They seemed like a great group of people and I can see why Lyric felt so comfortable around them. 

I'm giving Sweet Possession a rating of:  

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I heard that this one is tamer. I actually like that and can't wait to read. One of them I still haven't finished because it was a little out there for me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette - It was a lot tamer from what I've heard. I heard that the last one was off the chain! LOL! Even though it was tame, I still thought the storyline was just ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first 4 books of the series, though I haven't read the 4th yet. I've been busy! Even with the tamer side of things, I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is hot! I generally don't like picking books up in the middle/end of series, but I might check out the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister introduced me to the series, and I've read the first three books. I must say they are smuttly, smut packed. Tamer, I'm not sure I'm interested in. Or a story line that is just okay. Thanks for the review...I think I'll put this one further back on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete