Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Releases: July 13, 2010

Here are some new releases for this week:


Books


I'm so happy that this book is getting released early! I can't wait to read it.





This is for all the Elmo lovers out there. I also would love to give this book to adults so they could get a since of what having manners are all about. Don't worry, I'm not talking about any of you. HAHA! I crack myself up.


This book sounds extremely interesting. The nerd in me wants to read it. Maybe yours will too: The Periodic Table is one of man's crowning scientific achievements. But it's also a treasure trove of stories of passion, adventure, betrayal, and obsession. The infectious tales and astounding details in THE DISAPPEARING SPOON follow carbon, neon, silicon, and gold as they play out their parts in human history, finance, mythology, war, the arts, poison, and the lives of the (frequently) mad scientists who discovered them.

We learn that Marie Curie used to provoke jealousy in colleagues' wives when she'd invite them into closets to see her glow-in-the-dark experiments. Lewis and Clark swallowed mercury capsules across the country and their campsites are still detectable by the poison in the ground. From the Big Bang to the end of time, it's all in THE DISAPPEARING SPOON.


Movies

The preview for this movie looks kinda funny. I'll grab this one from work.



This movie looks cute. I'll grab from work or Netflix it.


I love this series!! They are hilarious! I'm going to start from Season 1 and look at all the episodes again.

I love to watch this show with my kids. The mini Marvel characters are so cute. Hulk is my favorite. lol


1 comment: