Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Releases for week of 6/15/10

We have slim pickings this week for the book releases peeps! Let's see what else will be released this week:

Books

*sniffles* I could not find one book that was interesting enough to put on here. If you know of any, please let me know!



Music


So Drake's 2nd CD is out and I'm kinda already tired of the first song that was released. The radio stations just play it over and over! I hope the other songs on the CD are good. Jules is going to kill me for writing that I'm tired of the 1st song. She loves her some Drake!


Sarah McLachlan has the voice of an angel. Can't wait to hear some more of her music.




Movies


DENZEL!!! I've been waiting to see this movie for a while. Here's what the movie is about:

Eli walks alone in post-apocalyptic America. He heads west along the Highway of Death on a mission he doesn't fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot. Denzel Washington is Eli, who keeps his blade sharp and his survival instincts sharper as his quest thrusts him into a savage wasteland... and into explosive conflict with a resourceful warlord (Gary Oldman) set on possessing the book. "We walk by faith, not by sight," quotes Eli. Under the taut direction of the Hughes Brothers (Menace II Society), those words hit home with unexpected meaning and power.


Josh Duhamel is YUM! Not a big fan of Kristen Bell, but I love romantic comedies. I'll Netflix this one.
The preview for this movie is intense! Michael Sheen is a terrorist that has placed bombs in locations across the US and will not tell anyone where they are. So they bring in Samuel Jackson (The mother f'ing man!) to torture him in the hopes that he will spill the beans. Netflix to the rescue again!


Yes I have included a kids DVD on here because who doesn't love Max & Ruby. I love their Grandmother because you can just feel her love for them. She reminds me so much of my mom and how she would do anything for her grandchildren.

Hope you enjoyed this week's releases. See you next week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sarah has a new album? LOVE HER!!

    Max and Ruby... Ruby and Max! Love that show - but where are the parents? LOL

    I really want to see Eli as well. You know it will be a year or so until I do. Let me know how it is!!

    Kristen ROCKED as Veronica Mars - there was a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I loved When in Rome! I didn't know it was out already. Yay! :D

    I haven't heard anything new from Sarah McLachlan in years. I can't wait to hear what her new album sounds out, I used to listen to her for hours.

    Thanks for the heads up~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Max. My kids picked up the one word and point from his ass. Where are his parents?

    ReplyDelete