I personally want to start a cult and call it The Cult of Gena because I am so crazy over her books. I'm sure lots of you have even seen JoJo and I chanting Gena's name because we are obsessed with her books. *chanting* Gena, Gena, Gena. The cult would meet and sit around discussing Gena's book and favorite characters. Chapters will be memorized and our own language will be formed. Once a year the cult would take a trip to a private island where festivities will be held in honor of the great Gena. Our favorite Lord of the Underworld will be there. (Gideon & Strider are mine so back off!) I'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same way that I do right?
Jen and I agree on a lot of the same things when it comes to Gena's books. Here is a list of things that we agree on:
- We love the mythology of her books. It's very unique with the use of human mythology, but twisted to show her own story.
- Her male characters make us melt. They are not only gorgeous and sometimes wicked, but are really nice guys who are in love with their partners and would do anything for
- We love how each pairing is a perfect match and how the males and females soothe each others inner beasts.
- Bells: I think she writes the HOTTEST smex scenes! I know that if I am about to read a Gena book I might want to turn the fan on cause it's about to get HOT!!!
Here is what this great book is all about:
All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member--a man trapped in a hell of his own.
Neither can resist the instant hunger that calms their torments...and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction--and a soul-shattering test of love....
This book is a great first in this wonderful series. She really hit the goldmine writing about the Lords because they are a truly a special group of warriors. To win a signed copy of The Darkest Night this is what you need to do:
- Leave a comment telling us what is it about Gena's books that make you love them! If you haven't read any of Gena's books tell us why you want to read them, and what's taken you so long!! (you are missing out on a good thing!)
- Provide your email so we can contact you to let you know that you have won. We will contact you for your address info and then forward it to Gena so she can sign your book and send it to you! (you are so lucky if you win. I don't even have a signed Gena book! *sobs*)
- All comments must be received by May 26, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. A winner will be chosen using random.org and all winners will be announced on both blogs on May 28, 2010.
- Following our blogs is not a requirement but if you are a follower already, thanks for following us. But if you aren't, we would love to have you as a follower. Just click on that handy follow button on the sidebar. :D
So we have a great week in store for all the Gena lovers out there! I personally hope I don't scare Gena away from my blog with my obsessive talk. (I love you Gena!) So make sure you check the schedule above and check out Twimom and my posts for the opportunity to win more signed books from Gena.