Today my buddy Twimom and I will be chatting with you about our favorite Lords of the Underworld as well as some favorite moments from the books. You will be able to read my favorite Lords here on my blog and Twimom's will talk about her favorites as well as great moments from the series on her blog, That's What I'm Talking About. So make sure you head over to her blog after reading my post. There will also be another opportunity to win another signed book from Gena further down in my post. *shaking finger at you* Now don't be a cheater and jump down to the giveaway without reading what I have to say! I know how some of you folks are. (I may have done that a couple of times myself *wink*) Without further ado, here are my favorites of The Lords of the Underworld Series!
Favorite Lord(s) I'm sure most of you that know me know that I am not a one book boyfriend kind of woman. I mean take a look at my book boyfriend list on the left! It keeps getting longer! Here are my favorite Lords:
Yes the blue haired one that cannot tell the truth is my favorite Lord! I fell in love with him the first time I read his first lie. I find him so interesting because he cannot tell the truth or he will suffer pain. When Gideon speaks it's almost like playing a game. You have to really think the opposite of what he is saying. I sometimes have to read his parts in the story twice just to understand them. Normally this would fluster me because I'm an easy kind of gal. Hey! Not that kind of easy! I just like my reading to be simple. But not with Gideon. I would spend all the time in the world just to understand what he is truly saying. Here is some information about Gideon so that you can get to know him a little better:
- Keeper of Lies
- Speaks in opposites. Examples: girl means boy, good means bad. You get the gist right?
- Has blue hair
- Is described as having "electric" eyes. Hmm...
- Is described as being very cute
- Has a pierced eyebrow and other piercings. (Must find out exactly what else is pierced)
- Has tattoos on his body from his dreams. A pair of bloodread lips, a pair of black eyes, and bright red flowers with the saying PART IS TO DIE curved underneath it.
- His hands were chopped off while he was kidnapped. They are currently growing back. (He does have other usable parts I'm sure. *wiggles eyebrows*)
- He can tell when someone is lying or telling the truth. (Bells: I love you Gideon. Gideon: Bells you do not speak the truth!) (In Gideon speak that means I was telling the truth. hehe)
- He might be married. *sniffles* Well so am I. But that won't stop my love for Gideon.
Gideon's book The Darkest Lie will be released on June 29, 2010. I cannot wait to read this! I'm sure the book will be a little bigger than the others due to the fact that Gena will have to translate everything that Gideon is saying. I am looking forward to the challenge! I'm also can't wait to hear about this wife that Gideon has. And yes, Gideon is on the book boyfriend list!
Strider is the keeper of Defeat. This dude really hates to lose. He does anything in his power to ensure that he wins. We don't really know too much about him, but I like him a lot. He seems like a great guy and works well with his team. His book will be titled The Darkest Surrender and will be released in July 2011. I can't wait to find out more about Strider.
Honorable Mention: William
William. There are so many words that come to mind to describe him. Naughty, randy, sexy, handsome, witty, sex addict? He has black hair and blue eyes. Now William is not a Lord. He is an immortal and is best friends with Anya. Anya is the wife of Lucien and their story is book 2 in the series, The Darkest Kiss. William now lives with the Lords in the Budapest fortress and what is interesting about William is that he has a n X over his heart and a treasure map on his back. The treasure map crosses his ribs and dips around his waist. He is also cursed. This is his curse:
One day, a woman of great beauty and power would tempt him. One day, that woman would trick him into loving her. One day, that woman would enslave him. And then, that woman would kill him.
Now the only was to break the curse and stop this woman had been written in a book and the book must first be decoded. His best friend Anya, who is the minor goddess of Anarchy, has possession of the book. Anya is always threatening to destroy the book. So poor William is in a tough spot. He must do whatever she says or she will destroy the book and William will never find out who the woman in the book is. I truly hope William gets his own book because he is such a fascinating character.
So now it's time to talk about today's giveaway! Gena has generously donated a copy of one of her books for each day of the celebration and she is going to sign it!!! Today's giveaway is for the 3st book in the Lords of the Underworld series THE DARKEST PLEASURE!!!
Here is what this great book is all about:
Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.
Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear....
To win a copy of The Darkest Pleasure this is what you need to do:
- Leave a comment at the end of the post telling us which of the Lords is your favorite. If there is a favorite moment in any of the books share that with us as well!
- You can enter the giveaway for this book here on my blog, or you can enter it at Twimom's. But you may only enter it once.
- Provide your email so we can contact you to let you know that you have won. We will contact you for your address info and then forward it to Gena so she can sign your book and send it to you! (you are so lucky if you win. I don't even have a signed Gena book! *sobs*)
- All comments must be received by May 26, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. A winner will be chosen using random.org and all winners will be announced on both blogs on May 28, 2010.
- Following our blogs is not a requirement but if you are a follower already, thanks for following us. But if you aren't, we would love to have you as a follower. Just click on that handy follow button on the sidebar. :D
Have a great weekend!